Friday, August 3, 2012

Pizza and Sapporo



I love Sapporo.  I admit it.  I like to cook WHILE drinking Sapporo and then wash the goods down with it later.  Pizza crust is like tofu, you can add anything to it.  Anything.  Pizza crust is the easiest thing to make, I've never bought the grocery store stuff.
 I've seen it in the deli section many times.  But why?  I was a little horrified last week while at the grocery store and the dude in front of my had a package of powdered stuff that said pizza dough.   Huh?  Anyway, this has been my go to recipe for years.  The recipe says to divide the dough into 2.  I divide it into 3 balls.  I like a thinner crust so 3 works fine.  Just oil the balls you aren't using and freeze them for later use.  I used to be afraid of anything that involved baking/cooking with yeast.  Fear no more, there's nothing to it except 2 elements.  The use of sugar and the primo temperature of whatever liquid you are using.  110 Celsius seems to be the magic number for liquid.  Any hotter and I've found that I've killed the yeast.  I had tried pizza dough recipes that did not call for any sugar and many have failed to rise.  After researching that a long time ago I found out that yeast needs fuel.  Sugar. I find the best place to let the dough rise in in my oven, oven turned off.  The dough in a glass bowl covered with plastic wrap and the light on in the oven.

This was the best pizza concoction that we've come up with so far.  Awesome.

Arugula, Tomato Capicola Pizza
recipe from Tammy

  • 1 ball pizza dough
  • olive oil
  • 1-2 cloves minced garlic
  • 1/2 ball mozzarella cheese grated
  • a couple of tbsps of grated parmesan 
  • cherry tomatoes, halved
  • Capicola or ham slices
  • bocconcini
  • parsley chopped
  • arugula torn
Preheat oven to 450 Celsius.  Use a round or rectangular pizza pan and sprinkle with a little cornmeal.
Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface and place on pan.  Brush with olive oil and minced garlic.  Sprinkle with mozzarella  /parmesan .  Layer on ham and cherry tomatoes and top with bocconcini.  Bake for 15 minutes on middle rack of oven.  Once out of the oven sprinkle on the parsley and arugula.

Then.  Open a Sapporo.


2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful picture, the pizza looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Amanda - that crust and combo of ingredients is amazing, trust me!

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget